Wednesday, June 18, 2008

This Week's Greatest Deal (so far...)

Last night, #1 son had a half-hour guitar lesson, so our family loaded up and went to Target. We were planning on purchasing a rolling ice chest we had seen on a clearance rack the week before. There were approximately 8 coolers on the shelf when we had seen them the first time, so we weren't worried about them being gone.

Well, we rounded the corner of the aisle they were on before, and it was bare. Nothing. Nada. No $29.99 ice chests marked down to $20.00. My heart sank, and I couldn't help but be a little perturbed at DH and his quest for the best deal in town. I took a deep breath, and walked further down to where the regular ice chests were. DH was still searching, thinking maybe they had moved the summer clearance stuff further back. I spied (on the very top shelf) four rolling wheels, and a square ice chest on its backside. It looked a little out of place, as I'm sure I did, trying to reach it being 7 months pregnant. When I got a look at the sticker, I knew it was the ice chest we had seen the week before. Cynthia Rowley for Target Summer 60 qt. rolling Igloo Cooler (Originally $29.99 - or did I mention that before?) Well, we didn't see a clearance sticker on it, but took it to a price checker, and you won't believe what we saw.... $7.49!!!!!!!

I was in disbelief. I scanned it again to make sure it wasn't some mistake. We are the proud owners of a new ice chest. Total with tax: $8.12. If I wasn't so wiped out from all of the excitement, I would post a picture.

D

No comments: