Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday's Happenings

I'm trying to stay in the habit of posting, so I thought I'd post some of the day's happenings...

We had a busy morning at home, just enjoying our time. Seems like we've had someplace to be every day this past week, and it's nice just to relax a little bit.

After lunch, we took #1 to work, and ran a few errands before heading home. Picked up a pair of flip-flops for a mom's party I'm going to on Saturday, then went to Walgreens. They had a huge bunch of grocery items on clearance, and I got some things for our trip to Iowa. After our $40 shopping trip (yikes), I filled up the van (YIKES). Well, I didn't fill it... the pumps cut off at $75, and to be really honest, I didn't even look to see where the gas gauge fell after starting the van.

When we got home, the girls played in the basement, and I did a little sewing. I used a couple of curtain panels that were given to me, and made a bag for groceries. All of our local stores are selling re-usable cloth grocery bags, and I thought with all of the fabric I have available, it would be great to use it on grocery bags. I'll post a picture soon. The girls all want one for themselves. Thought I might try to get a bag done for each of them to take on our vacation.

Well, I need to pick up #1 from work, and we have a busy evening. Kids are going to a homeschool social, and DH & the younger sibs & I are going to grab a bite to eat and run a couple of errands on the way home.

D

No comments: