Monday, July 14, 2008

You know it's been too long...

Since your last post, when every time you decide to "blog", you have to recover your password...

I had great hopes to keep this up, but things have been very busy.

We went on vacation to Iowa. I know, most of you are thinking that's a strange place to vacation, especially when you don't really know anyone there, but we had a great time at family camp. The kids loved our family staff helper, and were so sad to leave. (Thanks Elisabeth - if you read this.) The strangest thing happened while we were gone. Being 8 months pregnant, I swelled terribly while we were away from home. Once we got back, my ankles returned to normal. I'm thinking it's because we didn't drink tea while we were gone.

We are getting ready to start back to school. I've been working on our schedules, and dropping off business at the copy center. Hopefully before this week is over, we'll have a few early days done. The kids are going to Grandma's next week so mom can nest a little. When they get home, we'll jump back into things so we can get a couple more weeks done before Cinco gets here.

I've been nesting a lot lately. Cleaning out drawers, shelves, cabinets, etc. I love seeing the progress I've made. We've taken about 7 sacks of stuff to Goodwill, and I've got a couple of rooms left to go. Today, I've been painting furniture. (Probably not the best thing to do since it's spray paint...) Been taking lots of breaks though. The worst part is - the paint is peacock blue, and with the overspray, I'm beginning to look like Mama Smurf. The paint is a great color. Will post pictures of the finished product.

Two great finds at Goodwill today. A small mahogany end table $3, and an oak card catalog for $10. It has twelve drawers and will work great in my sewing room. I love getting a great deal!

D

1 comment:

Kendre said...

Glad you're back to blogging! Do you have that website address for the painting ideas? You're tomato plant has a baby tomato already! Sounds like you are getting a lot done!