Thursday, July 31, 2008

Excuses, Excuses...

This is a recent picture of my feet. This was actually taken on the trip home from Iowa. Most days, my feet look like this...


Last week, while my children were at Grandma's house, I worked on a couple of projects. This is some art we did for my daughter's room. There are actually three canvases, each with a different design. I think this one might be my favorite...




Finally, this project was the big one. I had this dresser from way back. (I think it was actually a family antique from a long time ago, but it had seen much better days.) After much deliberation, it was decided that we would just spray paint it and put it in our daughter's room. I am thrilled with the color choice (peacock blue), and it makes me happy just to walk in her room and see it. I would not recommend spray painting a large piece of furniture in the middle of July, while you're 8 months pregnant, but I'm glad it's finished. The two photo boxes on top of the dresser were purchased at Michael's this week, and they are going to go in her bookcase.


We are trying to prep old plaster walls for paint, a process that is taking much longer than we expected. Cheer camp and football practice are starting next week, so our evenings will be crazy for a while. Hopefully we can make some progress on the walls this weekend. It would be nice to have it done before the baby is born. Funny that I'm decorating an 11 year-old's room and not a nursery.

D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It could give you more facts.