Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Countdown

I've always loved back-to-school time. There is something so exciting about purchasing new supplies and starting a fresh school year. I've been gathering things for the kids, and our return to homeschool coop. I will be spending my mornings in the nursery, so I've also been working on activities and gathering & making things for the toddlers to play with. It has been fun. Yesterday I sewed several small "apple" beanbags. They turned out really cute and we'll use them on our first day "Apple Day".

We're also counting down the days till baby #5 arrives at our house. I've been nesting like crazy, and trying to get all of the baby stuff carried in and readied. I've been washing diapers and baby blankets, and have the bassinet set up in my bedroom. Can't wait to see a sleeping baby in it. Since we don't know whether it is a boy or girl, I've purchased two "bring home from the hospital" outfits, and will just return the one we don't need. They are both adorable. We're still working on a girls name. If it is a boy, it will get the name we were planning to use when our three girls were born.

I'm hoping that the baby can be delivered by my regular doctor. This means it would have to be born sometime between midnight Sunday and 5pm Friday. I'm also hoping it doesn't happen during something else... football practice, cheer practice, coop, Sunday school, Church. I'd like to be peacefully at home if possible - I'd settle for just being at home - I have a feeling once the kids know "it's time", nothing will be peaceful about it!

D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey dianne! wow things sound crazy but fun. i'm so excieted for the highly anticipated new arrival. send me some pics when the baby comes to stick2008@myway.com. say hello to the rest of the family from me.