Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ode to Convenience Lost

Oh, how I'll miss your powerful ways,
The convenience of cooking with microwave rays.
You took up much of my counter-space,
Whatever will I put there in your place?
This morning when you sparked, I could have cried,
I knew right then that you were fried.
So now, a more efficient planner I must be,
No last minute defrosting for me.


My microwave bit the dust this morning at 6:45. Right in the middle of finishing dh's breakfast. I penned the poem not long after. I'm accepting the death of my microwave as a challenge to see how long I can live without one. I didn't use it for cooking very often, mostly bacon, defrosting meat, and softening butter for baking. The top 5 things I'll miss about my microwave are: 1. softening butter, 2. cooking bacon, 3. defrosting meat, 4. cooking frozen & fresh veggies, 5. melting butter for popcorn. Aside from the fresh/frozen veggies, sounds like I could do without the rest - we're eating too much bacon and butter anyways.

Cut #1 daughters hair today... 6 inches off. She is very happy with it, and I must admit, I did a pretty good job. I'll try to post a pic soon.

We had 47 people over for dinner Sunday evening. Grilled burgers and hot dogs, and everyone brought buns & chips. We had so much fun getting to see friends we haven't seen in a while. We've had company every day for over a week now.

Well, we've got one more day of VBS. It has been fun, but the kids are worn out. Glad it's over tomorrow.

No comments: